Marvelous Designer is really a marvelous program used for 3D modeling of clothes or any item made of fabrics. MD is an ideal choice for fashion designers, character artists, and 3D artists. Marvelous Designer provides the best way for Computer Graphic, CG artists to efficiently create beautiful 3D clothing. It helps them save time when they have a complex design with many details. If you are interested in mastering the art of sewing in Computer Graphic (CG), you should first learn the MD basics and improve your design skills using tutorial videos and examples produced by the MD community.
Facts you should know before using MD
- Do not need to have professional fashion design knowledge when you learn Marvelous Designer.
- You can import an avatar using OBJ, Collada, and STL file formats.
- You can try the MD program before buying it, you will have a 30-day trial version.
- MD has two licenses; Personal License and Enterprise License used in companies.
Top 5 advantages of using MD
- Save your time to create 3D clothing with a pattern based approach- a standard way of making clothing in the
- fashion industry and very applicable to virtual garment design.
- Help you create accurate clothing simulations
- Import/export data between various existing 3D software
- Build a data library of your work that you can reuse
Please see the following requirements for Windows and Mac versions of MD; according to the Marvelous Designer website.
|Operating System||WindowsOfficially Supported (OS)||MACOfficially Supported (OS)|
|Recommended OS Versions||Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1, Windows 10||Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, macOS Sierra|
|CPU/ Models||Intel Processor Corei7 3.0Ghz or higher||2016 MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac i7 3.0 GHz and above|
|RAM||16GB or higher||16GB|
|GPU||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 and above||AMD Radeon R9 M395X (4GB RAM) and above|
|Hard Drive||20+ GB disk space available for caching and temporary files; SSD preferable|
|Pointing Device||Three-button mouse|
Marvelous Designer 7 Personal is currently available at $50 for Monthly Subscription, $300 for Annual Subscription and $490 for Perpetual License.