Maximizing the Effectiveness of the Board of Directors – Simpliv
About this Course
This course provides participants with a look behind the boardroom doors. Today’s directors, and the executive teams with whom they work, are being challenged by the owners of the organization more so than ever to not only protect their interests, but also enhance corporate performance.
As boards already struggle to balance the growing list of regulatory compliance requirements, we are going to identify and explore three key board leadership roles that differentiate medicore boards from great ones. We learn about ideas to allow you to make valuable contributions to value creation and long-term viability.
Whether you are a director or an executive with accountability to the board of directors, this course will help you make your next board meeting more effective and engaging for all concerned.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in finance or related fields
- Prerequisite: Finance leadership experience
- No advanced preparation is needed for this course
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the Board, directors, and the CEO
- Identify the 3 critical board leadership roles necessary for achieving Governance Advantage
- Discover the content and development of the meeting agendas for the Board and the Audit Committee
- Discover how to prepare and develop information that meets the needs of directors
- Recognize the Board’s role in the organization’s strategic management process
- Identify and discuss the way in which a Board can add value to an organization
- Discover how to develop and formulate incisive questions of fellow directors and management