How to Thrive in a VUCA Work Environment – Simpliv
The acronym VUCA – Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, and Ambiguous – was coined in the 1990s.
It describes many people’s experience of their workplace extremely well.
In this kind of environment, it can be hard to feel like you are coping – let alone thriving.
That’s certainly how I felt!
It’s also something that training participants and seminar audiences have been asking me about for years. So I decided to collate the ten best tools and principles I know into a short, sharp course.
One of the most valuable approaches to thriving in a VUCA world is the Pareto Principle; the 80:20 rule…
The 80:20 rule says that you get 80 per cent of the value from the best 20 per cent of the ideas…
… when you apply it well.
So, here is the best 20 per cent.
Apply it well, and you’ll make a huge difference to your success at work.
Dr Mike Clayton
Who is the target audience?
- This course is designed for anyone who has to work in a volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous workplace
- If that sounds like where you work, then you’ll be familiar of the feeling of not being in control
- If you want to be in control; if you want to cope; if you want to do more than that, and thrive; then this course will show you how
- This course tells you everything you need to know
- If you are familiar with volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity, then you are ready for this course
- Thrive amidst volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity.
- Recognize the need to select what you focus on
- Build a strategic network of valuable contacts
- Know where to work at your peak
- Scan your horizon for changes, trends, threats and opportunities
- Harness the simple success system for life during change; the Powerhouse Loop