The AFPA Sports Nutrition Certification Course is presented by the American Fitness Professionals Association. AFPA Sports Nutrition teaches you how to apply nutrition information for weight management, fitness performance and overall health reinforcement of your customers. Moreover, AFPA helps you to guide your clients on how to be motivational and change their routine habits. Thus, AFPA certification enables you to understand your client’s concepts and enhances them to build a new chain of food. In addition, it is a perfect certification for nutrition coaching consultants, athletes of all levels and all associated health practitioners, enthusiasts, and personal trainers.
Accrediting Institute: AFPA
AFPA, American Fitness Professionals Association, emerged in 1994. The AFPA helps fresh graduates to grow a network of fitness and health professionals with the highest quality, qualified education, skillsets, and expertise enabling them to transform the lives of millions through cumulative nutrition and training concepts. Hence, AFPA association motivates everyone with the best environment qualifications to prepare them to be professionals in the field of fitness, healthcare, and nutrition.
AFPA Certification Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Desire to help others in achieving their nutritional and sports performance goals
AFPA Study Material
There are two ways to attend the AFPA online exam; you can choose a model of the following:
- Digital Access – Digital Access to the full, mobile-ready interactive eBook with interactive tools, workbook, and student practice assessments. Online course activities and online final exam.
- Digital Access + Textbook – Digital Access as noted above, plus a print version of the textbook for this course available for students.
Please note the following regarding the AFPA Certification Course:
- You can complete your course within 6 months or less with self-paced and self-study models.
- After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Sports Nutritionist”
- The exam is based on the course materials. No added materials needed.
- Worksheets and Questionnaires to document and assess counseling sessions
- No Travel Necessary
- No Added Fees – All materials and examination included.
- Student Online Workbook, web links, interactive flashcards, and case studies
AFPA Registration Process
To apply for the AFPA examination online, all you have to do is to register directly through the AFPA official website.
AFPA Exam Details
- Passing score: 85% or higher.
- Learning format: Comprehensive manual, chapter PowerPoint presentations, and online support material and self-assessment activities.
- Number of questions: 300 multiple choice or true&false exam questions.
- The examination must be completed within 28 days of receiving your testing link.
- Once you submit your examination for grading and pass, you will receive your grade and credentials immediately.
- If you do not pass, there is a $75.00 retest fee. You will be allowed to retest within 24 business hours.
- AFPA Sports Nutrition Certification course costs $600 USD.
AFPA Certification Renewal
- Your AFPA certification will expire after two years of successful exam completion.
- Therefore, to renew your AFPA you can complete the AFPA Certification Renewal Application, attach copies of all required documentation and fees, and submit them to the AFPA office in Australia, 3/53 Blackall St.
Note: individuals are required to obtain 16.0 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) during each 2-year certification period. Thus, AFPA offers over 200 continuing education courses that you can complete at home or online.