Tech in Surgery Certification (Surgical Technologist Certification) by NCCA prepares surgical technologists who are responsible for tasks such as preparing patients and operating rooms for surgery. Also, they sterilize equipment, assist surgeons and nurses during surgery, and ensure a safe environment for patients. After the surgery, surgical technologists may help transfer patients to recovery rooms in addition to restocking operating rooms. Read more about TS-C certification and other best medicine certification here.
National Center for Competency Testing
NCCT is an independent credentialing organization that offers the exam of Tech In Surgery certification. It is accredited by NCCA, the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment. Also, it provides people in the medical field with certifications in many areas of healthcare knowledge such as NCMA, NCMOA, and PCT.
TS-C (NCCT) exam tests your abilities in surgical care and additional duties such as administrative and personnel, equipment sterilization in addition to maintenance. Most employers prefer to hire certified employees. Therefore, having the Surgical Technologist Certification will help you to be one of the competent and professional surgical technologists.
Tech In Surgery Eligibility Requirements
In order to sit the TS-C Certification Exam, select your route of eligibility from the following according to NCCT:
- Current Student in a Surgical Technology program. Exam Fee: $155
- Also, graduate from a Surgical Technology program. Exam Fee: $155 Testing within nine (9) months of graduation
- Experience: Three years of full-time experience as a Surgical Technology practitioner within the past FIVE years. Exam Fee: $195
- Military: You have completed Surgical Technology training during U.S. Military service within the past FIVE years. Exam Fee: $155
Tech In Surgery Study Materials
Interactive Review – Tech In Surgery: 49.99
Tech In Surgery Exam Details
- Structure: 175 scored, 25 pretest items
- Duration: 4 hours
- Format: multiple-choice questions
TS-C Certification Renewal
To further renew your certification, you need to:
- complete the required number of CE tests
- pay the recertification fee