The Surgical Technologists
They are allied health professionals who are responsible for tasks such as preparing patients and operating rooms for surgery, sterilizing equipment, assisting surgeons and nurses during surgery and ensuring a safe environment for patients. After the surgery, surgical technologists may help transfer patients to recovery rooms and may restock operating rooms.
National Center for Competency Testing
NCCT is an independent credentialing organization that offers the exam of Tech In Surgery certification. It is accredited by NCCA The National Council for Curriculum and Assessment. It provides people in the medical field with certifications in many areas of healthcare knowledge such as NCMA, NCMOA, and PCT.
TS-C (NCCT) exam tests your abilities in surgical care and additional duties such as administrative and personnel, equipment sterilization and maintenance. Most employers prefer to hire certified employees, so having Tech In Surgery certification will help you to be one of the competent and professional surgical technologists.
Tech In Surgery Eligibility Requirements
In order to sit the TS-C(NCCT) Exam, select your route of eligibility from the following according to NCCT:
- Current Student in a Surgical Technology program. Exam Fee: $155
- Graduate from a Surgical Technology program. Exam Fee: $155 Testing within nine (9) months of graduation
- Experience: three years of full-time experience as a Surgical Technology practitioner within the past FIVE years. Exam Fee: $195
- Military: You have completed Surgical Technology training during U.S. Military service within the past FIVE years. Exam Fee: $155
Interactive Review – Tech In Surgery: 49.99
Tech In Surgery Exam Details
- Structure: 175 scored, 25 pretest items
- Duration: 4 hours
- Format: multiple choice questions
Tech In Surgery Renewal
To renew your certification, you need to:
- complete the required number of CE tests
- pay the recertification fee