The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is an industry-leading association in HR professional society, founded since 1948. It advocates all efforts to advance the management of HR employees and professionals. SHRM provides who work in the HR field with resources, training courses, and certifications such as SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP to enhance their knowledge and expertise. It has many members in more than 140 countries.
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification as well as SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP). Both SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP are directly connected to real work scenarios due to the ever-changing business world and the increased need that HR requires.
Both certifications certify not only your knowledge in HR area but also your competency in putting your knowledge to work through applications and critical thinking so you can meet the ongoing demands of business. Earning SHRM certifications help you to be known leader in HR field so you can keep your organization to be more competitive in today’s market.
You can apply to SHRM certification, whether you hold a graduate degree, bachelor’s degree or less than that. However, you need to meet the following requirements:
SHRM Certifications Study Materials :
- LEARNING SYSTEM MODULES
- SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™)
- SHRM offers various Learning Options
SHRM Certifications Exam Details :
- SHRM exams are Computer-based exam.
- Each exam duration is 4-hour duration.
- 160 questions for each one (95 knowledge items/65 situational judgment items).
- For SHRM Member fees are $300* USD and Non-member fees are $400* USD
*Includes $50 nonrefundable application fee.
SHRM Certifications Renewal :
- Your SHRM certifications are valid for 3 years
- To renew, you should earn 60 professional development credits (PDCs) within the three years by joining the professional development activities.
- you should pay the recertification fees which are $10 for SHRM Members and 150$ for Nonmembers.