Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification certifies your experience and knowledge in the HR field. It also provides you with an in-depth study of areas in six functional areas such as business management strategy, workplace planning & employment, employee-labor relations, compensation and benefits, human resources development, and risk management.
HR Certification Institute (HRCI) is one of the most famous credentialing organizations in the human resources field, founded since 1976 was known as AAI. Now it has many branches in more than 100 countries. HRCI advocates its efforts to enhance the HR proficiency and expertise in their workplaces by offering certifications such as aPHR, PHR, SPHR, and others. Also, HRCI certifications are accredited from The National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
However, HR regulations and laws are in constant change so its the candidate’s responsibility to acknowledge the laws that are in effect at the time of the exam. If you are interested in identifying the gaps in your knowledge and experience and increasing your marketability, holding an SPHR will be a must. Moreover, it validates your mastery of strategy, policy development, and service delivery principles.
SPHR Certification Requirements:
You have 3 groups of prerequisites, and you have to meet ONE of them:
|High School Diploma||Professional-level HR position
7 years of experience
|Bachelor’s Degree||Professional-level HR position
5 years of experience
|Graduate Degree||Professional-level HR position
4 year of experience
SPHR Study Materials :
- Exam Content Outlines
- HRCI Practice Exams
- A Guide to the Human Resource Body of Knowledge™
- Search for more resources through the Certification Preparation Providers Directory
- The SPHR® Certification by BenchPrep
Senior Professional in Human Resources Exam Details :
- The exam is a computer-based at a Pearson VUE testing center.
- It lasts for 3 hours
- Total exam questions are mostly multiple-choice
- It consists of 150 scored questions + 25 unscored.
- SPHR exam fees are 495$ +100$ for Application Fee
Senior Professional in Human Resources Renewal :
- Your SPHR certification is valid for three years after testing.
- To renew your SPHR certification, you must obtain 60 recertification credits during the three-year or retake the exam.
- 15 Out of the 60 credits, must be in the Business Management & Strategy field you can visit the HRCI website for more resources to get recertification credits.