The Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification signifies your mastery of technical and operational aspects of HR management. Although PHR certification is considered as a senior-level certification, it fits candidates who have a tactical orientation, focuses on the program implementation, concentrates on the HR department than the whole organization, and responsible of another HR professional within the same organization.
HR Certification Institute (HRCI) is one of the most famous credentialing organizations in the human resources field, founded since 1976 was known as AAI. Now it has many branches in more than 100 countries. HRCI advocates its efforts to enhance the HR proficiency and expertise in their workplaces by offering certifications such as aPHR, PHR, SPHR, and others. Also, HRCI certifications are accredited from The National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
Also, obtaining PHR certification helps you to stand out from the crowd. It certifies your core knowledge requirements in workplace planning and employment, employee-labor relations, compensation and benefits, human resources development, and risk management.
PHR Certification Requirements:
You have 3 groups of prerequisites, and you have to meet ONE of them:
|High School Diploma||Professional-level HR position
4 years of experience
|Bachelor’s Degree||Professional-level HR position
2 years of experience
|Master Degree||Professional-level HR position
1 year of experience
PHR Study Materials:
- You can take a training course in one of HRCI’s approved providers (AP).
- Have a look at the Exam Content Outline
- you can refer to the blog of MCKINSEY BLOG
- HRCI Practice Exams
- A Guide to the Human Resource Body of Knowledge™ (HRBoK™)
- Exam Preparation Provider Directory
- BenchPrep HR Learning System
- MCKINSEY BLOG
PHR Exam Details:
- The exam is a computer-based at a Pearson VUE testing center
- The PHR exam lasts for 3 hours
- PHR exam Fees are $395 + $100 for Application Fee
- Total exam questions are mostly multiple-choice
- It consists of 150 scored questions + 25 unscored.
Professional in Human Resources Certification Renewal :
- Your PHR certification is valid for three years after testing.
- To renew your PHR certification, you must obtain 60 recertification credits during the three-year or retake the exam.