National Healthcareer Association (NHA) is considered one of the largest Healthcare institutions offering certifications and training since 1989. NHA has provided nearly 750. 000 certifications and awards. Phlebotomy one of the most specialty that has increasing demand recently at hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, and blood donor centers.
Because more employers require phlebotomy certifications, CPT will help improve your marketability in the Phlebotomy field. Also, it will give employers confidence in skills, ability, and knowledge and help you increase salary.
As a Certified Phlebotomy Technician, you may draw blood from patients for medical testing, transfusions and blood bank donations. Furthermore, you may apply tourniquets and disinfectants before administering venipuncture, microtechniques or other phlebotomy methods. Phlebotomists are also responsible for assembling and maintaining equipment, labeling specimen containers, and transporting specimens to testing facilities for processing and analysis. In addition, certified phlebotomy technicians deliver patient care and record patient information, which involves interviewing and taking vital signs.
CPT exam which covers the topics of Patient Preparation Collection, Techniques Processing, and Safety Considerations. Also, you will be asked to answer questions about precautions you’ll take for patients with special needs and the ways you’ll communicate with patients.
Phlebotomy Technician Certification Requirements:
According to the official website of NHA, here are the requirements to take
- High school diploma or GED certificate or its equivalent.
- You have to complete a vocational program or one year of work experience, at least 30 venipunctures and 10 capillary sticks on live humans
- Have successfully completed an accredited training program within the past five years
CPT Study Materials:
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Online Practice Test 2.0
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Exam Application.
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Online Practice Test & Printed Study Guide 2.0
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Online Study Guide 2.
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician Study Guide (Printed) 2.0
CPT Exam Details:
- Testing will take place at your school or at a PSI Testing Center near you.
- Tests administer online or on paper.
- You have to present valid identification.
- You should complete the test in one continuous session.
- CPT Test consists of 100 questions, 20 pretest questions.
- CPT Exam time is 2 hours.
Phlebotomy Technician Certification Renewal:
- Note that, your certification is valid for 2 years
- To renew, you should complete 10 continuing education credits through the NHA Continuing Education Program or through other outside educational programs or institutions.
- Then, Log in to your nhanow.com account >
- Select “Renew Certifications” on the left menu
Select “Complete More CE” to view the library
- Choose CE courses, register and finally check your progress.
- Pay your recertification fee $169