The Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) is a branch of ethical hacking offered by Offensive Security. Hence, an OSCP is a professional who is capable of detecting existing vulnerabilities and leads organized attacks in a controlled manner. OSCP is also able to write simple Bash or Python scripts, modify codes as it fits their favor. Moreover, an OSCP can perform network pivoting as well as ex-filtration, and compromise poorly written PHP web applications. Furthermore, the Offensive Security Certified Professional is considered the most well-recognized and respected certification in cybersecurity.
Offensive Security Company
Offensive Security is the only hands-on, practical online penetration testing training and certification provider for InfoSec professionals. Also, the Offensive Security team are the creators of Kali Linux. Their services range from Penetration Testing, Advanced Attack Simulation, Application Security Assessment, and Virtual Labs.
OSCP is addressed to Info Security Professionals, Network Administrators, and Pentesters. Also, OSCP certification requires students to have prior knowledge and understanding in TCP/IP, networking as well as Linux skills.
OSCP Study Materials
You will receive the study material once you begin the training course. You cannot receive the study materials before that. Hence, the study materials include:
- 8 hours of video series
- 350-page course guide
- Active student forums
- Access to the virtual lab environment.
- You can register for the training course and exam online through the Offensive Security website.
OSCP Training Course Details
The training course will cover a wide range of topics such as passive and active information gathering, vulnerability scanning, buffer overflows, and client-side attacks. For more details, please visit the Offensive Security’s website.
- Mode: the training course is delivered online.
- Duration: duration course depends on your learning capacity as well as your voucher interval.
OSCP Exam Details
After the successful completion of the training course, you will need to successfully pass the OSCP hands-on exam to obtain the certification. In addition, the exam is a Penetration Testing with Kali Linux (PwK).
- Mode: the exam is delivered online
- Duration: 24 hours
- Deadline: you need to take the exam within 90 days of course completion
- OSCP certification Fees: $800 with 30-day lab access. For lab extension pricing, visit Offensive Security’s website.
- Offensive Security Certified Professional Exam retake fees are $60.
OSCP Certification Renewal
Offensive Security Certified Professional does not require certification renewal.