National Healthcareer Association NHA is one of the largest healthcare institutions providing many certifications for improving your medical skills such as CBCS Certification. Also, NHA has provided nearly 750. 000 certifications and awards. Note that, NHA exams are accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
Certified Billing & Coding Specialist CBCS Certification will give you an extra advantage while you are searching for Medical Billing jobs. Also, it will increase your chances to earn a high salary. CBCS certification gives you essential knowledge and skills that most of the hospitals, physician offices, surgery centers, healthcare institutes, and even insurance companies, and consulting firms need.
Furthermore, CBCS certification concentrates on transforming a medical procedure, diagnosis, or symptom into specific codes for submitting a claim for reimbursement. As a Certified coder or biller, you will understand company claim policies, assign codes to each diagnosis and procedure. You will understand patient requests for an initial appointment. Also, it will enable you to understand code patient medical records correctly to optimize reimbursement for medical services. In addition, it learns you Legal, ethical, and regulatory ideas that are basics to the field, including HIPAA compliance and third-party guidelines for filing insurance claims.
Certified Billing & Coding Specialist Exam covers three main topics; Introduction to Body Systems, Introduction to Coding: ICD-10-CM, CPT Manual and National Codes, Medical Introduction, Office Skills, Billing & Reimbursement: HIPAA, Medical Benefits.
NHA CBCS Certification Requirements:
According to NHA website, you should have these requirements to be eligible for certifying:
- You should hold a High school Diploma or the Equivalent.
- Successful completion of a training program in medical billing, medical coding, medical records management or another appropriate field.
- If you have not been formally trained, but complete at least one year of work experience in the field, you are also eligible.
CBCS Certification Study Materials :
- Certified Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS) Exam Application
- Certified Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS) Online Practice Test
- Certified Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS) Printed Study Guide
- Certified Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS) Online Study Guide + Online Practice Test
CBCS Exam Details :
- The Exam consists of are 100 scored items, 20 pretest items
- Exam Time is 2 hours
- The CBCS Test delivered with paper-and-pencil or computer-Based.
- Closed-Book Exam.
CBCS Certification Renewal :
- Your certification is valid for 2 years
- You should pay $169 every two years
- Who is certified before 2015, must complete a minimum of 5 of their 10 required Continuing Education (CE) credits in an ICD-10 specific related course .
- The applicants after 2015, should follow the new terms of NHA recertification