National Institute Certification in Engineering Technologies ( NICET ) is a non-profit division of the National Society of Professional Engineers, was founded since 1961. It offers internationally recognized provider of certifications for engineering technicians and technologists fields to qualify them for work.
NCIET certifications are very important and recognized highly as proof of your expertise and skills in the engineering field. Also, they advance your career path and distinguish your proficiency among others. NCIET grants various high-quality global recolonized certifications in various areas such as fire protection, security systems, low voltage communication systems, and various fields as civil, electrical, water and mechanical engineering.
NICET certifications represent, not a course outcome, but a career level and important job knowledge necessary for your career advancement. It offers two programs which each of them is including many programs listed in. Both programs have at least four levels and grades of certification. These levels are designed to reflect more experienced employees:
- Technicians programs: Which suit people who are working or have knowledge of the components, operating requirements, and engineering systems and processes. It offers various fields of certified programs such as Civil Engineering Technology, Electrical and Mechanical Systems, and Fire Protection. Also, certifications of this programs are based on exam performance and work experience.
- Level I, TT (Technician Trainee)
- Level(II), AET (Associate Engineering Technician)
- Level(III), ET (Engineering Technician)
- Level IV, SET (Senior Engineering Technician)
2. Technologist programs: Which designed to suit people who have knowledge of engineering equipment, applications, design implementation methods in some areas. Moreover, certifications of this programs are based on education and higher degrees such as 4-year engineering technology degree.
- Associate Engineering Technologist (AT)
- Certified Engineering Technologist (CT)
Fire Alarm Systems Certification
Fire Alarm Systems is one of NCIET famous certifications of Technicians field that is required by the hiring companies and organizations. Also, Fire Alarm Certification learns you the main topics of fire alarm systems activities, Fire system layout, system equipment selection, system installation, system acceptance testing, system troubleshooting, system servicing, and system technical sales. Moreover, you will be able to predict unsafe conditions and alert the alert supervisors at the work site and how to deal with them by using hand and power tools.
Fire Alarm certification demonstrates your technical mastery, and you can provide your customers with higher quality goods and services. NICET has offered practice exams to prepare you for NICET Standard Model/CBT certification exams. Furthermore, the content is very similar in questions type and difficulty to the actual exams.
Fire Alarm Systems Level I Requirements
- Pass the Level I exam.
- Document of 3 months of experience.
- Hold a position as a technician helper or equivalent.
Fire Alarm Systems Level I Exam Details
- NCIET Fire Alarm exam is Computer-based testing (CBT), at Pearson Vue Testing Centers.
- Fire Alarm exam fees are 225$
- The exam consists of 83 questions.
- Fire Alarm duration is 110 minutes
NCIET Certifications Renewal
- Duration: three years
- Recertification Fee: 200$ (includes one subfield)
- To renew the certification, you should achieve (90) continuing professional development points.