What is CPLP certification?
The Certified Professional in Learning and Performance – CPLP certification covers ten Areas of Expertise (AOEs) included in the ATD certification competency model: Training Delivery, Instructional Design, Learning Technologies, Evaluating Learning Impact, Managing Learning Programs, Integrated Talent Management, Coaching, Knowledge Management, Change Management, and Performance Improvement.
Hence, CPLP certification will make a positive impact on your career and expand your job options in the marketplace. Also, it supports you endure out to potential employers, and indicate your commitment to your profession.
The Association for Talent Development (ATD) is a specialized provider of business certifications and training that improving trainee’s knowledge, skills, and abilities in the workplace. However, ATD has members in more than 120 countries. ATD Certification Institute also is a department established by ATD specialized in certifying people and students in talent development field.
CPLP Certification Requirements:
In order to have ATD certification, ATD website ensures that you should have at least one of the followings:
- Five (5) years of full-time professional work experience in the talent development or related fields
- Four (4) years of full-time professional work experience in talent development or related fields, Plus one year of college or university study in talent development.
- Also, you should have at least four (4) years of full-time professional work experience in talent development or related fields Plus successful completion of an ATD Master Series program.
How do I prepare for CPLP Certification?
You can get the ATD Certification by study these materials in order to get ready for passing cplp exam:
- You can take a Practice CPLP Knowledge Exam
- Skills Application Exam Study guide
- CPLP Learning System
- Join the CPLP Candidates Preparation LinkedIn group
ATD Certification Exam Details:
- In order to earn the CPLP credential, you have to pass two (2) exams:
- Knowledge Exam
- Skills Application Exam (SAE)
- Once you have successfully passed the Knowledge Exam, you may register to take the Skills Application Exam. In addition, (SAE) which focus on one (1) area of expertise to be chosen by you from among these options.
- Training Delivery
- Instructional Design
- Managing Learning Programs
|The Knowledge Exam||The Skills Application Exam (SAE)|
|Covers||It covers all ten areas of expertise in the ATD competency model.||It tests your ability to apply concepts to real-world situations related to your selected area of expertise are provided.|
|3 hours||3 hours|
|Exam length||150 questions||100 questions about cases in one area of expertise|
|Exam type||Multiple choice questions||Multiple choice, multiple select and short answer|
Certified Professional in Learning and Performance certification Renewal:
- You have to renew ATD certification every three years.
- Credential holders must gain 60 CPLP recertification points within the three-year recertification period.
- CPLPs have to submit a completed application and track worksheet providing evidence of their professional development activities.