Information Systems Audit and Control Association – ISACA® is a nonprofit international association emerged since 1969 and has nearly 200 chapters around the world. It is a source of knowledge and guidance in the auditing controls for computer systems field. ISACA provides entrepreneurs and students with certifications, tools, training that will help them in managing the information systems such as COBIT, CRISC, and others.
Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) helps you manage risk, design, and oversee response measures. Moreover, you can monitor systems for risk and ensure the organization’s risk management strategies. Also, you will enhance your professional credibility.
CRISC increases your chances to get a job with enterprises, who are seeking to manage IT risk with innovative ways. Additionally, CRISC exam covers the following four domains that updated to suit the changing needs:
- IT Risk Identification.
- IT Risk Assessment.
- Risk Response and Mitigation.
- Risk and Control Monitoring and Reporting.
Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control Requirements:
According to the official website of ISACA, the requirements of this certification are:
- A minimum of three years of cumulative, professional-level risk management and control experience.
- You should Perform the tasks of at least two CRISC domains, and one of which is in Domain 1 or 2.
- Agree to adhere to the ISACA Code of Professional Ethics.
- Agree to comply with the CRISC Continuing Education Policy.
- Successful completion of the exam.
CRISC Certification Study Materials:
- ISACA Exam Candidate Information Guide for 2018 Exams
- You can also enroll in an Online Review Course
- Virtual Instructor-Led Training Courses
- CRISC Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 4th Edition
- You can also join the CRISC Exam Study Community
CRISC Exam Details:
- The exam consists of 150 Questions for 4 Hours.
- It offers in Chinese Simplified, English, or Spanish.
- ISACA considers Review Manual 6th Edition a reference.
- CRISC exam is Computer-Based Testing (CBT).
- passing Score for the exam is 200-800 Point scale with 450 or higher.
- You can NOT take the same exam more than one time in the same window.
Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control Renewal:
- CRISC certification is valid for three years from the date you take it.
- In order to recertify, you have to pay the maintenance fee and reporting of 120 CPE hours.
- Then you should Comply with ISACA’s Code of Professional Ethics.