GRE is one of the common tests created and administered by ETS an admission requirement for Graduate and Business Schools. The GRE test is highly recommended to strengthen your opportunity in getting more job chances. Also, the GRE general test has two types: The General Test and the Subject Test depending on your university requirements, you can take both.
Educational Testing Service ETS, which is a non-profit institution offering tests and educational services to develop the quality of the education process such as GRE, TOEFL, and others. It is offering nearly 5 million test in more than 180 countries.
The GRE® General Test contains three scored sections: Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning. Sometime, it will have two unscored sections in the computer test. Furthermore, one of the unscored sections is Verbal Reasoning or Quantitative Reasoning section. However, you will receive three scores for the main sections. Moreover, all GRE tests provide the Score Select option, that means you can take a GRE test more than once and only send you the best score.
|Section Type||Analytical Writing||Verbal Reasoning||Quantitative Reasoning|
|Duration||30 Minutes for each task||30 Minutes for each section||35 Minutes for each section|
|Number of Questions||2 Task||It has 2 sections (20 Questions per section)||2 sections (20 Questions per section)|
Who can Take the GRE Test?
Prospective graduate and business school applicants from all around the world can take the General Test. Note that, the Computer-Delivered exam is available in many countries, throughout the year. But, the paper-delivered test is available up to three times a year in October, November, and February.
GRE Study Materials:
In order to prepare yourself for the exam, you can download some free or paid materials such as:
- The Official Guide to the GRE® General Test, Third Edition
- ScoreItNow!™ Online Writing Practice
- Practice Book for the Paper-delivered GRE® General Test, Second Edition
- POWERPREP PLUS™ Online
GRE Exam Details:
- It is on the computer But many centers offer it on paper.
- You can take the computer-delivered GRE General Test once every 21 days, up to five times during the year.
- GRE time Duration is three hours and 45 minutes.
- You will receive your Scores reports approximately 10–15 days after your test date.
- GRE Score is between 130-170.
- The fees of the GRE test are 250$ along with other fees for registration or rescheduling.
GRE Exam Renewal:
- All of your scores remain valid for five years.
- Then you should take it again