GMAT exam is a widely recognized and recommended test for business and management school applicants. GMAT exam measures your basic verbal, mathematical, and analytical writing skills that you have developed during your studies and work.
Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) in Reston Virginia, is an international non-profit organization of business schools. GMAC provides students with products and services to academic institutions and prospective graduate management education students. One of these products is The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Note that, takers of GMAT exam reached more than 200,000 every year.
According to the latest Kaplan survey, the number of admission professionals recognizing the preference for the GMAT exam has increased 44% since 2014. Firstly, Prepare yourself for the exam before applying for the MBA degree or jobs of high wages.
GMAT admission test is computer-based. It consists of four sections: an analytical writing assessment, an integrated reasoning, a quantitative, and a verbal section. Besides, Each of these sections has fixed time and question numbers. Moreover, you can choose from which section to start the exam. Note that, multiple choice questions begin with an intermediate-level question. A correct answer will lead to a more difficult question, while an incorrect answer does the opposite NOTE the test is only delivered in English.
GMAT Sections Details
According to the official site of GMAC, the sections are as the following:
|Section Type||Duration||Question Numbers|
|Analytical writing assessment:
measures how to analyze an argument in written form
|30 Minutes||1 Topic|
measures the skills used to analyze and synthesize information
|30 Minutes||12 Questions|
measures data sufficiency and problem-solving
|62 Minutes||31 Questions|
reading comprehension, critical reasoning, and sentence correction skills
|65 Minutes||36 Questions|
- Applicants need to have general knowledge of computer programs, if not you can take an ICDL course.
- Also, your English should be good with many skills in reading, grammar, and writing.
GMAT Test Study Materials
- GMAT® preparation materials: Test preparation available free to registered users of mba.com.
- GMAT preparation checklist: Study pointers students need so they arrive prepared on the day of their GMAT exam.
- Sample GMAT® Paper Tests: Three easy-to-download sets of “retired” paper tests.
- GMAT Write®: An online tool that helps you prepare for the Analytical Writing Assessment with confidence.
Graduate Management Admission Test Details
- It is a computer- based.
- Exam delivered in English only.
- You should achieve a score between 400 and 600.
- Total testing time: 3 hours and 7 minutes.
Graduate Management Admission Renewal
- GMAT score is valid for five years and recertifying can be up to 10 years.