FMP Facility Management Professional is one of IFMA’s famous programs. It helps you increase your knowledge of Facility Management(FM) topics, so you can prove that you have the required skills for any FM position. By having this Credential, you will gain a full understanding of the following four core domains:
- Operations and Maintenance: building systems, structure, interiors and exteriors and grounds.
- Project Management: being familiar with planning, scoping, scheduling and evaluating projects. Facility management requires Project planning and management as core skills.
- Finance and Business: the basics of finance and business.
- Leadership and Strategy: effective strategies to integrate people, places, processes, and technology.
International Facility Management Association IFMA is one of the largest and widely recognized international associations in the facility management field supporting 24,000 members in 104 countries.
There are no prerequisites for this certification.
In order to have FMP Credential, you should take the following steps according to IFMA:
- Order the IFMA FMP Credential Program.
- Review the Facility Management Introduction, a video overview of the FM industry.
- Read the study materials (using printed books or e-version materials) and complete the online interactive study tools for each course.
- Pass the four online FMP final assessments.
- Submit your application (with application fee) to IFMA to validate your credential.
IFMA offers 3 training options to prepare for and earn the FMP credential.
- Self-study program: includes printed modules, interactive online study tools, and online FMP final assessments.
- Instructor-led courses
- Group Training
FMP Exam Details
You need to pass the four online FMP final assessments.
- A 50-question online FMP final assessment follows each course.
- Application fees: US$130 for Professional/Associate Members, US$105 for Young Professional Members and US$210 for Nonmembers.