International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)²), was founded in 1989, is a global non-profit organization specializing in Information Technology security, and it has nearly 138,000 members around the world.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional is highly recommended in the Information Security filed. By having this certification, you will grow your knowledge of information security. So that, it raises your ability to implement and manage security programs in different workplaces successfully.
With CISSP, you will advance your career path and distinguish yourself from other employees. Furthermore, CISSP will prove your ability to manage security by covering eight domains:
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Engineering
- Communications and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
CISSP Certification Requirements:
- you should have at least 5 years of recent full-time professional work experience in 2 or more of the 8 domains of the CISSP – CBK 2015.
- Four years of paid, full-time experience in at least two of the eight (ISC)2 domains and a college degree or an approved credential.
- 4-year college degree or regional equivalent.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional Exam Details:
|Delivery Method||Linear, Fixed-Form||Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT)|
|Length of exam||Up to 6 hours||Up to 3 hours|
|Number of questions||250 questions||100 – 150 questions|
|Question Formats||Multiple choices and advanced innovative questions||Multiple choices and advanced innovative questions|
|Passing Score||700 out of 1000 points||700 out of 1000 points|
|Exam Languages||English and Other Language||English|
|Testing Center||Pearson VUE Testing Center||Pearson VUE Testing Center|
CISSP Certification Renewal:
- After passing the exam, you must achieve the endorsement process within a maximum of nine (9) months.
- You should recertify CISSP certification every three years by earning 120 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
- Then you should pay the Annual Maintenance Fee (AMF) $85.