Chartered Financial Consultant ChFC certification is considered a perfect alternative for Certified Financial Planner CFP because it covers all topics taught in CFP and it makes you more specialized in the finance profession. ChFC certification prepares you to meet the advanced needs of financial planning through a high-level education in its 8 courses that cover all aspects of financial planning. In addition to the practical application courses based on real-life case studies. Furthermore, ChFC will broaden your knowledge not only in the basics of financial planning such as insurance, retirement planning, and investments but also in behavioral finance, financial planning for families with special needs dependents, small business planning, and financial planning for divorce.
American College of Financial Services is a leading association whose mission is to raise the level of professionalism in financial services by promoting ongoing education, ethical practices, and the pursuit of new knowledge for the benefit of society.
By obtaining ChFC certification, you will be able to
- Function as an ethical, competent and articulate practitioner in the field of financial planning
- Apply financial planning theory and techniques through the development of case studies and solutions
- Use the intellectual tools and framework needed to maintain relevant and current financial planning knowledge and strategies.
According to the college, the holders of the ChFC designation may earn a higher income compared with industry peers who are not certified.
ChFC Certification Requirements
- Have a minimum of three years working in the financial industry.
- It is recommended that applicants have a degree related to finance or business before applying as it will make the program much easier.
- Complete and pass the exam of Each of the following courses:
- Financial Planning: Process and Environment
- Fundamentals of Insurance Planning
- Income Taxation
- Planning for Retirement Needs
- Fundamentals of Estate Planning
- Personal Financial Planning: Case Analysis
- Applications in Financial Planning
- Comprehensive course textbooks
- Downloadable e-books
- Online discussion with the course professor
- Audio reviews
- Streaming video lectures
Tuition includes all required study materials, access to online learning tools, and examination.
- $2,095 starter package (first three courses)
- $5,290 full eight-course designation package.
- Annual reporting
- Continuing education
- A program fee: $125