Certified Tax Specialist (CTS) is financial certification by Institute of Business and Finance (IBF). CTS certification provides you knowledge and effective strategies on how to reduce clients’ tax obligations. Moreover, the certification will optimize your skills in increasing client comprehension, communicating optimal strategies, and provide expert guidance in taxation matters. CTS Certification will also work on developing your discernment skills, teach you how to avoid mistakes, and recognizing troublesome loopholes.
Accrediting Institute: Institute of Business and Finance
IBF is one of the famous training finance institutes which offers top training programs in accounting, certifications, and educational materials. Also, IBF grants various famous certifications in finance and business fields such as Certified Fund Specialist, Certified Estate and Trust Specialist (CES), Certified Tax Specialist (CTS), Certified Income Specialist (CIS), and More about Best accounting certifications.
Certified Tax Specialist Certification Requirement
- Target People: CTS certificate is mainly addressed to Tax Specialists
- Prerequisites: you need to either have a bachelor’s degree in a related field or one year of financial services work experience.
CTS Certification Study Materials
IBF offers the CTS textbook also webinars that which will prepare you to the CTS exam.
CTS Certification Registration Process
You can register for the certification online through ICFS website.
CTS Certification Training Course Details
IBF offers a free mini course on their website that you can take anytime. However, any training course for CTS certificate will tackle the following topics:
- Understanding and application of the tax formula
- Calculating exemptions, deductions, credits and capital gains
- Familiarity with what constitutes gross income and exclusions
- Knowledge of withholding, estimated payments and payroll taxes
- Completion of an individual income tax return.
CTS Certification Exams Details
- Number of Exams: 3
- Mode: online
- Format: 50 questions of multiple-choice.
- Certified tax specialist fees are $1,365
- Fees include: registration, tuition, textbooks, review questions, exams, shipping fees, and practice exams.
CTS Certification Renewal
IBF requires you to renew your certification every two years. Also, you need to complete 30 hours of continuing education to renew your certification.