Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE) is a training course and certification offered by the American Society for Quality. Also, CSQE enables you to understand software quality development and implementation, software inspection, testing, verification, and validation. In addition, you will be able to implement software development and maintenance processes and methods. Moreover, it qualifies you to evaluate the impact of software quality management principles on business objectives and demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of developing and implementing software quality programs.
American Society for Quality (ASQ)
ASQ is a community for anyone seeking quality concepts, technology, or tools to improve themselves and their world. Besides, it offers training, professional certifications, and knowledge to a huge network of members of the global quality community. Furthermore, it has a global reach with a network of 14 registered service providers that deliver licensed training and certification exams in a specified territory. Also, they provide local access to the quality community, career development, credentials, knowledge, and information services.
CSQE Certification Requirements
In order to register for the certification, you need to have:
- Work Experience: you need to have 8 years of professional experience, 3 of which must be in a decision-making position.
- Education: ASQ Accepts candidates who have completed a degree from a college, university or technical school with accreditation.
CSQE Certification Study Material
ASQ offers special books to help you prepare for the exam.
- The Certified Software Quality Engineer Handbook, 2nd Edition
- The Fundamental Concepts for the Software Quality Engineer, V 2
- The ASQ Auditing Handbook, 4th Edition
- Quality Audits for Improved Performance, 3rd Edition
To clarify, you can register for the exam through Prometric testing center.
CSQE Certification Training Course Details
ASQ provides you with different training courses that can be taken either online or in a classroom.
- Software Configuration Management
- Certified Quality Software Engineer Prep Course
- Software Functional Testing and Test Management
- Certified Quality Software Engineer Question Bank
- Software Quality Engineering
- Building Software Quality Skills
- Software Requirements Engineering
CSQE Certification Exam Details
There are two kinds of exams:
- Computer-Delivered: the exam consists of one part: 175 questions should be answered in 4.5 hours.
- Paper and Pencil: the exam consists of one part: 160 questions should be answered in 4 hours.
Note: all examinations are open book except the constructed response (essay) portion. Therefore, participants must bring their own reference materials
Also, ASQ requires that you recertify every three years to maintain the reliability of your Software Quality Engineer certification.
CSQE Certification Fees
- ASQ members: $398
- Non-members: $498
- Exam Retake: $298
- Training fees differ from one to another and according to the state you take the training in.