Certified Professional Biller – CPB Certification is one of AAPC famous certifications that enhances your career pathway and advances your medical knowledge that every employer seeks to hire. By having this certification, you will gain more knowledge and empower your skills in insurance plans and how to use.
Moreover, you will learn how to apply the policies of paying such as Local Coverage Determinations (LCD), National Coverage Determinations (NCD) for successful claim submissions, and Knowledge of CPT®, ICD-10-CM. Also, it covers the HCPCS Level II coding guidelines (Basics) and rules of the healthcare industry. The rules include HIPAA, False Claims Act, Fair Debt Collections Act, and Stark.
American Academy of Professional Coders ( AAPC ) is an American professional association for people who are working in areas of administration within the healthcare field. AAPC provides students and healthcare graduate with education, training, and professional certifications. AAPC members are more than 175,000 worldwide
Also, AAPC exams provides you with certifications help you improve your clinical documentation analysis and knowledge of medical record auditing, the demand of which has recently increased. Also, these certifications cover many specialties which are: professional service coding, clinical documentation, professional billing, medical auditing, medical compliance, and physician practice management.
Certified Professional Biller AAPC Certification Requirements
- You should Maintain current membership with the AAPC.
- Each examination is separate and distinct from one another.
- Then, you should Pay examination fee.
- Two years of experience in the specific fields.
CPB Certification Study Materials
- The Certified Professional Biller (CPB) Exam Study Guide – 2018 Edition.
- CPB™ Online Medical Billing Course provides you with information related to the healthcare insurance industry and reimbursement.
- CPB online practice exam that consists of 50 questions.
Certified Professional Biller Exam Details
- The exam consists of 200 multiple choice questions.
- Exams score is 70% or higher to pass the exam.
- CPB exam duration is 5 hours and 40 minutes.
- If you failed the first exam, you have one free retake to be used within one year from the first attempt
- The exam is Open codebook, but note that manuals you should bring to the exam are only CPT® Books (AMA standard or professional edition, ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines, and of HCPCS Level II ).
CPB Certification Renewal
- CEUs Required to Maintain Credential(s) which are reported every two years or before your membership due date.
- CEUs must come from the AAPC Approved CEU Vendor List.