The American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) is one of the world’s professional leaders in the geological field which approved by IRS. Also, AAPG has nearly 40,000 members in 129 countries. However, AAPG has expanded its field to include geophysics, geochemistry, engineering, and innovative analytics to be more efficient in maintaining the natural resources safe. Also, it provides geoscientists with publications, conferences, and educational opportunities, to enhance their knowledge and prepare them for work.
AAPG aims to promote the technology of exploring petroleum resources, finding, and producing in an economically and environmentally manners. Also, AAPG offers certifications to enable students and people who are working in the geology field to lead energy programs and projects. Petroleum Geology certification is one of AAPG famous programs that the Division of Professional Affairs (DPA) manages it.
Petroleum geologist is one of the top paying careers, especially if you have a certification to ensure your skills and expertise. AAPG certification will enhance your career and help you stand out between your colleagues. Also, it will increase your knowledge in dealing with natural reserves on both land and sea and measure how much combustible fuel can be extracted. Moreover, as a Certified Petroleum Geologist, you will learn how to use sophisticated technology, including satellite and sonar devices; to locate and analyze these reserves.
Certified Petroleum Geologist Requirements:
- You should graduate from one of the approved colleges by the Division of Professional Affairs (DPA) with major study in Geology, with a minimum of thirty semesters (45 quarter) hours in geology or their equivalent in geological instruction.
- You should have 8 years of full-time experience working as a Petroleum Geologist.
- If you have a master’s degree, you should have 7 years of experience credit.
- If you have a doctor’s degree, you should have 6 years of experience credit.
- Experience in petroleum geology must be in an applied sense and include an application of various disciplines of petroleum geology.
- Three Sponsors who must be certified members of the Association having present knowledge of the applicant’s professional qualifications and ethics.
Certified Petroleum Geologist Registration process:
- Log in with AAPG member number and password.
- Click “New Applications” in the gold bar at the top.
- Select the “Certified Petroleum Geologist Application (Regular)”
- Upon submittal, you will be asked for a credit card.
- Annual Dues $50