The National Healthcareer Association (NHA) is one of the professional providers of healthcare certifications for workers and students in this field. Also, NHA certifications assure that professionals have reached a nationally-recognized standard of competency, what may lead to more job opportunities. NHA has provided nearly 750. 000 certifications and awards.
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant CCMA certification shows you are knowledgeable and valued member of a healthcare team. Furthermore, it makes you are preferable to those employers of Healthcare Assistance field. CCMA certification advances your knowledge in the medical assistance field.
Medical Assistant fulfills both clinical and administrative tasks at hospitals, offices of physicians, and other healthcare facilities. As a CCMA, your focus will be on the clinical side. However, this may include measuring patients’ vital signs, recording their medical histories, preparing examination rooms, disinfecting medical instruments, drawing blood, giving injections, and administering medication. You may also work closely with the physician.
National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) gives NHA exams accreditation. Most of NHA exam questions cover medical procedures, in addition to some questions about office administration and medical law as well.
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant Requirements:
According to NHA website, you should have these requirements to be eligible for certifying:
- You should have either a high school diploma or the equivalent such as the General Education Development (GED) test. Or you will have a high school diploma or equivalency during the next 12 months.
- You have to successfully complete a training program
- one year of work experience as a medical assistant.
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant Study Materials:
- You can download the Medical Assistant (CCMA) Exam Application
- Medical Assistant (CCMA) Printed Study Guide 2.0 + Online Practice Test 2.0
- Medical Assistant (CCMA) Online Study Guide 2.0
CCMA Exam Details:
- The CCMA exam will take place at your school or at a PSI Testing Center
- Tests may be administered online or on paper.
- It consists of 150 scored questions, 30 pretest questions
- Exam time is 3 hours
- The CCMA exam fee is 155$ and may differ along with.
CCMA Certification Renewal:
- After passing your exam, your certification will be valid for 2 years.
- To recertify, you need to complete continuing education or retake the exam.