Certified Management Consultant (CMC) is a certification awarded by the Institute of Management Consultants (IMC USA). Further, Certified Management Consultant enables you to obtain two professional certificates, the first one is the professional consultant and the other is the Internal one. Thus, CMC certificate is one of the best international management certifications, recognized and respected in over 45 countries. In addition, this certification represents a commitment to the highest standards of consulting and pledge to the ethical canons of the profession, which enhances your administrative skills with very high efficiency.
Read more about best management certifications here. Or check out our related certifications: Project Management Professional (PMI-PMP), Talent Management Practitioner (TMP), and Certified Innovation Leader (CIL).
Institute of Management Consultants
Institute of Management Consultants (IMC) is a USA national volunteer organization of management consultants who advise senior leaders from a variety of disciplines. IMC emerged in 1968 based on a strict global standard for technical competency and professional conduct for management consultants. Also, IMC encourages fresh seniors to improve their consulting experience through assigning to one of its management certifications.
CMC Certification Requirements
- All Mangement Consultants candidates must have a university education, from a recognized program, or a professional license in management consulting i.e. CA, CGA, CMA, or CPA, in English language.
- Management Consultants candidates must also have a minimum of three years of experience in a related field to management consulting experience as independent or internal consultants.
CMC Certification Study material
You will receive three core documents as soon as you register for the exam as a basic reference, which will be an open book references during the online exams.
CMC Registration Process
You can apply for the CMC exam directly through the official website of the Institute of Management Consultants (IMC).
CMC Exam Details
CMC exam is an online exam. The exam is divided into two stages:
- The online Written Examination has two sections: ethics and core competencies.
- The Oral Examination is managed to be face to face with three experienced CMCs normally in the local region of the succeeded candidates.
- Number of Questions: 1 – 15 questions on Engagement Management. In addition, you will be asked to write three to five engagement summaries including client reference details
- Language: English
- Application Fees: $402.827 USD
Pay attention, There is no exam duration or passing score, you will obtain the CMC certification as soon as you succeed in each of the exam steps and prove yourself in management consulting through their rigorous exam mechanism.
CMC Certification Renewal
All CMCs holders must pay an annual charge in December to maintain their certification for the next year. However, every three years the CMCs holders must re-certify the whole certification. Notice that the renewal fees vary for IMC USA members and non-members.
CMC Exam Fees
|Initial Certification Application and Assessment (non-refundable)||$350||$5050|
|Convert a hard copy application to electronic files (non-refundable)||$150||$150|
|Annual CMC charge||$395||$550|
|Triennial Recertification (an assessment of your continuing professional development)||$150||$250|