Certified Healthcare Financial Professional- CFHP certification is the best choice for you if you are a healthcare professional with a mid-level experience and looking for a higher level of education in the healthcare finance field. Hence, having CFHP certification will prove your qualifications, highlight your commitment and maintain your updated knowledge in the profession. Moreover, it will enhance your understanding of the competencies and knowledge needed in the healthcare finance profession.
Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) is one of the leading associations in the healthcare finance profession. Also, it is working on building partnerships with other well-known associations to develop healthcare finance profession. With 38,000 members, HFMA is striving to be the leader of the financial management of health care. Furthermore, it serves healthcare finance professionals and helps them enrich their knowledge by creating and providing education, practical tools, and solutions.
CHFP Certification Requirements
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of healthcare financial management experience
- Passing the CHFP examination
- Active membership in the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- Module I Concept Guide
- Module II Concept Guide
CHFP Registration Process
You can register for CHFP via HFMA
CHFP Examination Details
- You can earn the CHFP credential after you successfully complete the Module I and Module II examinations.
- Module I: Business of Health Care examination consists of 75 questions, 90 minutes.
- Module II: Operational Excellence is a 3-hour long examination (8 case studies with 7 questions each).
- CHFP Exam Location: You can take the exam via HFMA’s learning management system on the HFMA website
- CHFP Exam Cost
- Module I: $299 Member / $449 for Non-Members
- Module II: $300 Member only
CHFP Certification Renewal
- Remain an active HFMA member in good standing
- Complete 60 contact hours in eligible education programs/activities every three years