What is a CFS certification?
Certified Fund Specialist (CFS) is a professional program that will strengthen your knowledge and guide you toward proficiency. However, it is recognized by the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors and American College’s Professional Achievement in Continuing Education (PACE), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Also, CFS certification will help you understand mutual funds and Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs). Moreover, you will learn the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), and closed funds in the current market.
Furthermore, it will help you improve your ability to analyze and select the latest tools of contemporary investing. Also, CFS enriches your information about investment management, taxes, Expenses, and Risks. Moreover, you will expect the best times of selling and Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT).
Institute of Business and Finance – IBF
IBF is one of the famous training finance institutes which offers top training programs in accounting, finance certifications , and educational materials. IBF also grants various famous certifications in finance and business fields such as Certified Annuity Specialist, Certified Estate and Trust Specialist (CES), Certified Tax Specialist (CTS), Certified Income Specialist (CIS), and More about Best accounting certifications.
CFS exam depends on the course which covers six modules, and you should complete it within 15 weeks. Hence, the exam discusses financial cases that people could face during their work, and how they can avoid or deal with them successfully. However, the case study requires to write from ( 2 -5) pages depending on one-page fact pattern. Here are the Six Modules of CFS Course:
- Financial Planning (Management & Fund Selection)
- Investments (Choices and Time Value Analysis)
- Real Estate (Asset Categories, Market Indicators, CEFs, ETFs, and REITs)
- Portfolio Management
- Retirement Plans and Employee Benefits
Certified Fund Specialist Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- OR Complete 2000 hours of financial services work experience.
- Complete Self Study Program (six modules) provided by IBF
- Sign the IBF Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
Certified Fund Specialist CFS Exam Details
- Three exams proctored-online and a case study
- Each exam covers two modules.
- Each exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions.
- More than one exam can be taken at a time
- CFS Certification fees are $1,365 (including exam fees and )
CFS Certification Renewal
- Your certification is valid for two years.
- To renew it, you should have 30 CEUs hour every two years.