Certified Fraud Examiner CFE Certification by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE) is a key for any employer who wants to improve his career to the next step especially those who are interested in earning a professional certification in the anti-fraud profession. In addition, this certification specifically will increase your earnings, advance your career, enhance your marketability and job security, gain professional visibility and credibility, distinguish yourself from your peers, and Impact your company’s bottom line.
Association of Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE)
ACFE is the largest anti-fraud organization and premier provider of anti-fraud training and education. Also, ACFE grants a different kind of well-known certifications in business fields such as Certified Fraud Examiner, and much more.
Certified Fraud Examiner Certification Requirements:
- Target people: CFE certificate is mainly for people who have at least two years of professional experience in the following majors: accounting and auditing, criminology and sociology, law, or related fields.
- Prerequisites: You need to either have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an institution of higher learning. You don’t need to be specified in a specific major. However, if you don’t have a bachelor’s degree, you may substitute that with two years of fraud-related professional experience for each year of academic study.
CFE Certification Study Materials
ACFE offers the CFE provides you with a CFE prep course which will help you to study for the CFE exam.
CFE Certification Registration Process:
You can register for the certification through online application on ACFE website.
CFE Certification Training Course Details:
ACFE offers a free prep course on their website in which you can take whenever you need or at a time convenient for you. The prep course has an American edition and an international edition. The following topics will be the major areas in the exam:
- Financial Transactions and Fraud Schemes
- Fraud Prevention and Deterrence
CFE Certification Exams Details
- Mode: online
- Format: 4 sections. It is a closed book and a closed note exam.
- Certified tax specialist fees are 400$ unless you purchase the prep course, so the fee will be 300$.
CFE Certification Renewal
ACFE requires you to renew your certification every year. In addition, you have to complete 20 hours of continuing professional education to renew your certification.