Certified Business Analysis Professional- CBAP helps you gain the required knowledge and practical skills of business analysis as it is a professional designation for individuals with extensive business experience. By having this certification, you will gain recognition for your skills and knowledge within your organization. Moreover, you will be able to analyze and improve business processes and learn about designing and implementing effective solutions. Furthermore, it will help you to advance your current position and grab new opportunities for new positions in business.
International Institute of Business Analysis, IIBA is one of the most famous business certifications providers dedicated to the field of business analysis. IIBA has a wide international network with over 29,000+ Members worldwide. It supports the recognition of the profession and works to maintain the global standard for its certifications. Additionally, it provides members with development resources, industry research, career resources, and volunteering opportunities.
This certification is the third level of the three-level program
You do not need to complete them in order.
Agile Analysis Certification ( IIBA-AAC) is recently issued and it is perfect for business analysts working in an Agile project team. This certification is based on the Agile Extension to the BABOK Guide.
CBAP Certification Requirements
In order to obtain this certification, you need to have the following according to IIBA:
- 7500 hours of work experience in the last 10 years
- 35 hours of professional development in the last 4 years
- At least 900 hours in each of 4 of the six BABOK® Guide Version 3 Knowledge Areas.
- 2 Professional References
- Agreement with the CBAP® Code of Conduct.
IIBA Study Materials
Here are some exam preparation tips offered by IIBA:
- Study the BABOK® Guide and its referenced sources.
- Review IIBA Guide to Competency-Based Certification
- Attend training courses by IIBA Endorsed Education Providers (EEP™).
- Use online resources.
- Use practice exams online.
- Rely on your work experience to get you through it. Don’t simply memorize definitions, content, or the BABOK® Guide.
CBAP Exam Details
The exam consists of 120 multiple choice questions. The questions are case study-based (i.e. longer cases (1-1.5 pages) of information with multiple questions about the case.
- CBAP exam is competency-based and aligned with BABOK® Guide Version 3.
- Exam Duration: 3.5 hours
- Exam Place: Prometric
CBAP Certification Cost
- Application Fee: $125 USD
- Exam Fee: $450 USD
- Retake Fee: $375 USD
- Recertification Fee: $120 USD
You need to maintain your certification every three years by doing the following steps:
- Earning Continuing Developing Units: 60 CDUs
- Logging Continuing Developing Units
- Completing CBAP® Recertification Application
- Paying recertification fee