Certified Analytics Professional certification is one of the best data certifications, and it stands above other data science certifications. Further, the certification was launched by the Institute for Operation Research and Management Sciences (INFORMS).
Also, CAP is a general analytics certification. You will understand the analytics process from framing business and analytic problems to acquiring data, model building, methodology, and model lifestyle management. Moreover, this certification is for you if you want a qualification that is specifically related to analytics. Also, if you want an exam-based qualification, so this CAP certification is for you. Moreover, if you are searching for an analytic job, so this certification is for you.
aCAP: Associate Certified Analytics Professional
The Associate Certified Analytics Professional (aCPA) is an association for data certifications. Therefore, aCAP association is for those professionals who are educated in the analytics process but they don’t have any experience in practice yet.
Certified Analytics Professional Certification Requirements
- Target people: A bachelor’s or a master’s degree in any field related to data.
- Prerequisites: If you have a bachelor degree, you must have five years of professional experience, but if you have a master degree, you must have 3 years of experience (Related work). Also, you must have a verification of soft skills/ provision of business value by an employer.
Certified Analytics Professional Certification Study Material
You can prepare for the CAP exam by accessing to study guides, webinars, practice exams and more here.
You can register online to take the Certified Analytics Professional Certification through this link.
Training Course Details
There are aCAP prep courses offered by INFORMS. You can find the study materials which are both the course listing and webinars online at any time on INFORMS’s website. There is a CAP Candidate Handbook (PDF) format contains information on every aspect to guide you from start to finish. In addition, you can find practice test questions online.
You must take four courses before applying for the CAP exam which are:
- Business and Analytics Problem Framing
- Statistical Data Analysis
- Analytics Methodology
- Preparation for CAP exam.
You can complete all four courses within 11 days.
CAP Exams Details
- Mode: online
- Format: 100 multiple questions
- Duration: 3 hours
- Certified fee is 495$ for INFORMS members and 695$ for non-members.
CAP Certification Renewal
You should renew the Certified Analytics Professional Certification every three years.