Cisco Systems, Inc. is an American leading networking company headquartered in San Jose, California, United States. It offers certifications in Cloud, Collaboration, Cyber Ops, Data Center, Routing and Switching, Security, Service Provider, and Wireless.
CCNA Cyber Ops is an associate-level certification that prepares you to begin a career working with cybersecurity analysts in security operations centers (SOC). Also, it provides you with the knowledge and skills required to work with a SOC team in order to protect your organization by identifying and responding to cybersecurity threats.
By having CCNA Cyber Operations Certification, you will gain wide knowledge and full understanding of different topics. For example, network and security concepts, cryptography, security monitoring, host-based security analysis, and incident response.
CCNA Cyber Ops Certification Requirements
There is no previous requirement for having CCNA Cyber Ops Certification.
It is recommended to purchase Cisco authorized CCNA Cyber Ops certification training.
- Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals (SECFND) v1.0
- Implementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations (SECOPS) v1.0
Cyber Ops Exams
You should pass the following exams according to the Cisco website.
- 210-250 SECFND exam tests candidate’s understanding of cyber security’s basic principles, foundational knowledge, and core skills
- 210-255 SECOPS exam tests a candidate’s knowledge and skills needed to successfully handle the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of an associate-level Security Analyst working in a Security Operations Center (SOC)
CCNA Cyber Ops Renewal
CCNA Cyber Ops certification is valid for three years. To recertify, you are required to pass ONE of the following:
- any current Associate-level exam except for the ICND1 exam.
- any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam.
- current 642-XXX Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams or any 650 online exams).
- a current CCIE Written Exam.
- the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam.
- the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.