Business Continuity Specialist BCCS is one of the most widely recognized certifications in the business continuity field. BCCS provides you with essential skills and knowledge of business impact analysis, risk analysis, testing and exercising, and maintaining business continuity(BC) plans. In addition, it introduces you to the key concepts of developing business continuity and disaster recovery strategies, design and implementation of BC plans.
Business Continuity Management Institute, BCM one of the top institutions in business continuity, established in 2005. It works on the development of Business Continuity Management (BCM), Crisis Management (CM), Crisis Communication (CC) and Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP). BCM Institute has trained more than 5000 professionals and certified over 2,000 professionals from 40 countries worldwide.
By having a Business Continuity Specialist certification, you will be able to prepare and conduct awareness and training programs. Also, it will enable you to identify the relevant tools and materials to support your work and the needs of your organization.
According to BCM Institute you need to follow the next steps to have BCCS certification:
- Attend and Complete ” BCM-300: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) Implementer” course.
- Pass the Qualifying examination with a required passing score of 75%
- Have at least one year of Business Continuity Management professional experience
- Make payment of SGD75 (non-refundable) application processing fee.
- Be able to describe at least three BCM related Body of Knowledge (BoK)
BCCS Exam Details
To sit for the Exam, you should be competent in Competency Level CL 1B: Foundation (BC) and CL 2B: Intermediate (BC) including the 7 BCM Body of Knowledge (BCMBoK)
- Fee: SGD 350
- Format: 100 Multiple Choice Questions
- Duration: 2.5 hours
The certification is valid for 1 year and to renew it you should:
- continue to practice BCM
- submit Payment of Annual Maintenance Fee: SGD 75