Certification of Capability in Business Analysis- CCBA is a well-recognized certification by international employers, so it will distinguish you from other average analysts. In addition, it introduces you to wider knowledge in different topics such as business analysis planning, lifecycle management, strategy analysis, design definition, and solution evaluation. Obtaining this certificate is a great way to get recognition for your skills as a Business Analyst and makes you fit better in the professional analytical team at your workplace.
International Institute of Business Analysis, IIBA is one of the most famous business certifications providers dedicated to the field of business analysis. IIBA has a wide international network with over 29,000+ Members worldwide. It supports the recognition of the profession and works to maintain the global standard for its certifications. In addition, provides members with development resources, industry research, career resources, and volunteering opportunities.
This certification is the second level of the three-level program
- Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA)
- Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
CCBA Certification Requirements
In order to sit for its exam, you should have the following according to IIBA website:
- 3750 hours of work experience in the last 7 years.
- 21 hours of professional development in the last 4 years
- Minimum of 900 hours in each of two of the six BABOK® Guide Version 3 Knowledge Areas OR a minimum of 500 hours in each of four of the six BABOK® Guide Version 3 Knowledge Areas.
- 2 Professional References
- Compliance with the CCBA® Code of Conduct.
IIBA Study Materials
Here are some exam preparation tips offered by IIBA:
- Study the BABOK® Guide and its referenced sources.
- Review IIBA Guide to Competency-Based Certification
- Attend training courses by IIBA Endorsed Education Providers (EEP™).
- Use online resources.
- Use practice exams online.
- Rely on your work experience to get you through it. Don’t simply memorize definitions, content, or the BABOK® Guide.
CCBA Exam Details
The exam is based on the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge BABOK Version 3.
130 multiple choice questions which are scenario-based ( a bit of analysis to reach answers).
Exam Duration: 3 hours
Exam Place: Prometric
CCBA Certification Cost
- Application Fee: $125 USD
- Exam Fee: $450 USD
- Retake Fee: $375 USD
- Recertification Fee: $120 USD
You need to maintain your certification every three years by doing the following steps:
- Earning Continuing Developing Units: 60 CDUs
- Logging Continuing Developing Units
- Completing CCBA® Recertification Application
- Paying recertification fee