Change Management Practitioner ( CMP ) will develop some of the knowledge of Change Management learned during the Foundation™ certification. In Addition, it will provide you with a deep understanding of how Change Management fits into the project management environment.
The Association for Project Management Group – APMG is one of the most popular global accreditation and examination institute especially in business, IT management and Cyber Security that belongs to the APM Group. It offers many certifications such as CLCA, BRMP, and others. Note that, APMG is accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
APMG CMP exam depends on the 13 ‘knowledge areas’ of the Change Management, as it is shown in The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook. Also, you are able to understand the organizational “levers”, adoption approaches, and reinforcing systems typically used to sustain change. In order to get a certification, you must pass the Change Management Practitioner exam.
CMP APMG Certification Requirements:
- Strong understanding of Change Management concepts.
- Change Management Foundation certificate is a prerequisite with a range of 50% or higher.
- Mandatory pre-reading, The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook.
CMP APMG Certification Study Materials:
- The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook
- Managing Portfolios of Change
- CHAMPS2 – Realising Transformational Change.
Change Management Practitioner Exam Details :
- Objective testing depends on a case study scenario
- CMP Exam consists of 4 questions of 20 marks.
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- The exam duration is 2.5 hours.
- APMG Exam is a Restricted open book, just The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook
- The exam will hold at one of the Accredited Training Organizations (ATO) or Online
Change Management Practitioner Renewal :
- Your certification is valid for 5 years
- To renew, you should complete and pass a Change Management re-registration examination
- The re-registration exam is Objective one, consists of 2 questions 20 marks for each one.
- You need to get 50% to pass (20 marks out of 40).
- It lasts for 1.5 hours (90 mins) duration.