Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM) is a certification presented by Scrum organization. A-CSM certification is the second certification in a path of the following three Scrum Alliance certifications which are CSM > A-CSM > CSP-SM. A-CSM provides you with the Scrum Values and Agile industry. In addition, it facilitates the work between the Product Owner and Scrum Team members for the educators and trainees. Throughout the Certified A-CSM, you can scale the Scrum and Agile beyond a single team and stand out as a member of the globally recognized of Scrum Alliance. Hence, you will be able to comprehend the basics of Scrum and Agile principles and it prepares you to be a professional Agile Community.
Check out our collection of Best Management Certifications. Or, read some related articles: Professional Scrum With Kanban (PSK), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Associate Professional Risk Management Certificate, and Agile Analysis Certification (AAC).
Scrum organization was established in 2009 in order to provide extensive assessments, certificates, and training. Additionally, it equips the flexibility and agility to its teams’ work. Furthermore, it delivers work with a higher value than other traditional known methods that allow teams to create better products with higher quality.
A-CSM Certification Requirements:
- Hold an active Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification with the Scrum Alliance.
- Validate at least 12 months of work experience specific to the role of Scrum Master (within the past five years).
- Accept the A-CSM License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile.
- Successfully complete all educator-designed components of an approved educational offering.
Note: You can take the A-CSM course at any time after completing your CSM certification, and must have at least 12 months of Scrum Master Experience logged into your Scrum Alliance profile before you are eligible to receive your A-CSM certification.
A-CSM Study Materials
A-CSM course provides a full overview of how to organize and support a Scrum team. Additionally, it covers the following criteria:
- Scrum Alliance members, from around the world, write articles related to Scrum and Agile methods such as “Transitioning to Agile”– by Rex Lester
- You can watch videos in Scrum E-Learning series
- Expert Blog like Lean Agile: The Ethical Choice– by Michele Sliger.
- Learning objectivesand includes scope, Lean, agile, Scrum, agile facilitation, coaching, and service to the development team, product owner, and organization.
A-CSM Registration Process
You will receive via email the location of the nearest A-CSM training course as soon as you register for A-CSM online.
(A-CSM) Exam Details
- A-CSM Exam Fees: $175 fee per term
- Exam format: multiple-choice and true/ false questions.
- Passing score: 24 out of 35 questions
- Exam duration: 60 minutes
- Number of Question: 35
(A-CSM) Certificate Renewal
You must renew your A-CSM certification every two years.
A-CSM Renewal costs $100 or 20 Scrum Education Units (SEUs). In addition, you can earn SEUs by accomplishing the next steps:
- Watch a community webinar
- Volunteer in some way to give back to the Agile community
- Participate in a local user group
- Attend a Global/Regional Scrum Gathering®
- Write a blog about Scrum/Agile
- Read a book about Scrum/Agile
Note: You will not be able to renew your certification if you are not within six months of your current expiration date.