ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologists by the American Collage of Sport Medicine (ACSM) helps you to motivate people to practice healthy behaviors. In addition, it prescribes exercises to the people who suffer from controlled diseases. in order to practice an advanced level by conducting and interpreting physical fitness exercises.
Read our Best Health and Safety Certifications, or check out some related Sport and fitness Certifications.
Accrediting Institute: (ACSM)
Since 1954, The American Collage of Sport Medicine (ACSM) has engaged students, physicians, academicians and researchers at the regional, national and international levels. What is more, it advances and integrates scientific research to provide educational and practical applications of exercise science and sports medicine. From academicians to students and from personal trainers to physicians, our association of sports medicine, exercise science, and health and fitness professionals is dedicated to helping people worldwide live longer, healthier lives.
ACSM Certification Requirements:
(ACSM) pursue a career in university, corporate, commercial, hospital, and community settings. Beyond training, ACSM-EPs not only conduct complete physical assessments – they also interpret the results in order to prescribe appropriate, personalized exercise programs.
– Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology or Kinesiology.
- Adult CPR/AED Certification (with hands-on practical skills component)-
- – To be self-employed or employed in commercial, community, studio, worksite health promotion, university, and hospital based fitness settings..
ACSM Study Material:
The Job Task Analysis (JTA) for the ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-EP) is important to remember that all examination questions are based on this document.
Moreover, You have multiple options to study which include:
- Exam Content Outline.
- Workshops & Webinars
- PrepU which is a quiz platform that adapts your study plan based on current proficiency.
At ACSM, we want to make sure that you are well prepared and ready to join our team!
Before visiting the Pearson VUE site, you should:
- Select your certifications
- Review that certification’s Exam Content Outline.
- Outline your study plan to ensure you’ve given yourself enough time to prepare.
- Once you have the items in place, you are ready to go! New visitors will have to make an account with Pearson VUE before scheduling.
- If you have any questions, you can contact us at this US based phone number 486-5643.
Training Course Details: (ACSM)
For further information about the course, you can watch this video.
ACSM Exam Details
The ACSM-EP exam has a seat time of 225 minutes and consists of 150 items; 125 items are scored and 25 are noncore. The percentages listed in Table 1 indicate the proportion of scored questions representing each performance domain.
ACSM Certification Renewal
- Going through the ACSM recertification process once every three years means that you don’t have to retake the exam. Renewing now is quick and easy.
- Your ACSM Certification is valid for three years. After three years, you will need to meet the following minimum requirements to recertify it. You have two options
- Option One:
Meet the CEC, CME, CEU requirement.-
Maintain current CPR Certification.
Pay the required recertification fee.
2. Option Two:
Retake the certification exam.
- Credits may be tracked online through the self-reporting tool in your profile (“My CEC/CME History” tab) or by using a paper form.
Depending on your certification, the continuing education credits required and the fees vary. You will need between 15 and 60 CECs and the cost ranges between $35 and $55.
-If you have earned more than one ACSM certification you may renew all of your ACSM certifications، a $5 fee will be charged for each additional credential.
|$279||ACSM Member Candidates|
|$349||ACSM Non-Member Candidates|